Africa’s Ubuntu wisdom: “I am because of you!”
AT EVERY STAGE, ONE DIES TO ONESELF IN ORDER TO BE REBORN INTO THE OTHER – THROUGH BECOMING AND BEING MORE – Alassane Ndaw
When faced with complexity through perceived impositions of forced change, our ego can feel threatened and we can move quickly to a fundamentalism and over –engineering. The world is at a shock point in its evolution! The dominant human instinct under these conditions, is to view change as a violation. We can overtly react, or fall asleep and become products of our own vagaries of interpretation which are dependent on our capacity to manage ourselves within such complexity.
Mother Africa holds in its womb this essence of being-ness, of human-ness, which is not an –ism! Africa & Europe are inextricably intertwined, and if essence is violated, it too can violate through imposing mindsets and systems that foster separation!
By engaging with managing complexity utilizing the deep conditions of the
Ubuntu way of being (I am because of you)
- Benefit by and from, waking up to our ego responses to change
- We can contract the small womb and abort our own capacity for creativity and the potential to birthing Big Womb
- Learn how to critically shift our habitual contractions to such conditions
- Navigate our participation in emergent fields through conversations between the senses and sense making, and between the inner and outer world and self.
Sawubona! – I see you! (A South African greeting)
Presentation at IEC 2016
Title: Compassion & Complexity – an integrating principle towards being fully human – integral Ubuntu for Europe & Africa
- introducing self experience – connect & relate
- the context of global implications for Africa and Europe – commonalities, differences, the shadow of both
- defining ubuntu and its offering as a unifying principle
- looking at it through developmental lenses inviting in the key growth points of leadership maturity
This presentation will attempt to bring an African perspective, `Ubuntu’, into the current European conversations to find a ‘common language’ to solve the diverse mindsets, values systems and developmental growth points facing the social, economic and unity challenges.
Paddy Pampallis – I have been privileged to work in the field of education, social development, psychotherapy, leadership & business over the last 40 years, both locally & globally. I have my prof. doctorate as an Integral+ supervisor & executive coach; also a fusionist, interventionist – impacting through individuals, organizations into society.
Designer of The Integral + Practice of Leadership & Coaching™, a unique application of AQAL.