Integral’s Technology Problem: How Do We Grow Next
The modern integral movement has been marked by late-adoption tendencies and the inability to innovate from the same ‘leading-edges’ of consciousness which we ostensibly espouse when it comes to technology. This tendency has endemic properties and must be addressed formally in order to support the involution necessary to become participants in the *Planetary Awakening* we wish to facilitate. With every passing year the dominating influence of technological paradigms and systems increases and we are reaching inflection points this decade from which we may never return.
As addressed in my previous presentations, this lack of future-centric thinking puts most integralists into a reactive stance to the ongoing march of technological progress (or regress) and leaves many to participate as mere consumers of the cultures purveyed by Orange-worldview agents.
Across this presentation & workshop series I will orient a we-space in the exploration and direct experience of:
- the De-mystification of the primary drivers of internet technologies and underscore what about human nature gives rise to them
- the Addressing the coming major coming waves of technology from AI to Web3, blockchain, crypto, BCI, AR and more…
- the Inventorying of recent milestones in technological history and name the developmental stages they arose in response to
- the Identification of the dominant-modes of discourse each system and platform gives presence and voice to
- the Reflection upon and catalog the modes of agency that internet systems are dominated by and the mindsets they reify
- the Diagramming the collective dynamics that emerge as a social-media comes into existence and the mobile-web takes over
- the Embodying of more holistic or integral cognitions using technology to facilitate integration, balance, growth and even healing & wellness
From here we will individually look at how our own unique contributions to culture and society can begin to lean-into emerging technological practices so that we might collectively better orient to the leading-edges of unfoldment and thereby either a) draw influence from the new boundary, and/or b) push or determine what the new boundary conditions to be thereby leading the very techno-economic evolutionary unfoldment of civilization as a pro-active integralist.